Teachers' Professional Development Training Seminar
Coaching, Mentoring and Mindfulness Training for Raising Successful and Resilient Children and Youth: The Teacher’ Role
Key Areas of Training Focus for Building Awareness, Attention and Focus in Learning:
- The Mindful Teacher: Managing Stress
- Strategies for Mindful Listening
- Strategies for Mindful Breathing
- The Mindful Teacher and Successful Classroom Management Strategy
- The Teacher as a Mindful Coach and Mentor
- The Mindful Teacher / Parent Partnership Strategies for Raising Resilient and Successful Students.
- The Mindful Child (Youth)-Strategies for Readiness to Learn, Managing Conflicts, Bullying and Academic Success.
- Social and Emotional Learning Strategies for ensuring student social well-being at School.
We have transferred the research knowledge in the field of Social and Emotional Learning and mindfulness in Education into curriculum training programs and now focus on the following training Modules following: –
The Training Modules:
- A New Vision for Teacher Education.
- Social and Emotional Learning: The Missing Element in Student Education.
- Mindfulness and Social & Emotional Learning: Student Education for Global Citizenship.
- Importance of Mindfulness Training For Teachers.
- Importance of Mindfulness Training for Students.
- Conscious Nurturing for Raising Authentic and Spiritually Connected Children-Teacher-Parent Partnership.
- Closing the Social and Emotional Learning Gap in Teacher Education.
- Training for Reducing Stress and Improving social well being in Teachers.
- Encouraging and Promoting Flow in the Classroom for Students’ Peak Performance.
- The Mindful Teacher and Successful Classroom Management Strategy.
- The Mindful Teacher as a Coach and Mentor.
- The Mindful Teacher -Parent-Strategies for Raising Resilient and Successful Children.
- The Mindful Child (Youth)-Strategies for Managing Conflicts, Bullying and Academic Success.
- Social ad Emotional Learning and Resiliency Strategies for Students.
- Mindful Listening.
- Mindful Breathing.
- Teaching of Heart-centredness.
- Teaching of Empathy and Compassion.
- Teaching of Love, Peace and Harmony.
- Teaching Peace and Conflict Resolution.
- Teaching Forgiveness.
- Becoming Responsive rather than Reactive.
Ontario College for Development Training is committed to the professional development of teachers to enhance the teaching experience and outcomes for students in the 21st century and beyond. Its focus is on the application of new knowledge and practice applications, relating to the importance of Coaching, Mentoring, Mindfulness and Contemplative Education as well as Social and Emotional Learning for raising successful and resilient Children and Youth.
Based on its value proposition the OCDT provides practising technical and professional individuals with the opportunity to undertake advanced learning by doing knowledge enhancement skills that validate their practice experiences.
In this course you will learn to:
- Focus on Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) strategies that will allow Children and Youth to develop resiliency, mental preparedness for success in academics, career and life.
- Encourage the Teacher-Parent Partnership Approach or raising resilient and successful children and youth.
- Promotion Mindfulness Strategies in Education for Good Classroom Management and successful Learning Outcomes.
Social and Emotional Learning and Mindfulness in Education are becoming increasingly important in the field of education and have been embraced in the USA, Australia, UK and New Zealand. It is slowly being discussed here in Canada.
Two of the areas of focus of the OCDT are:
- To train teachers in strategies that will enhance the Social and Emotional Learning of Children and Youth for ensuring resiliency, mental preparedness for success in academics, career and life.
- To train teachers in Mindfulness Strategies in Education for good classroom management and for ensuring successful learning outcomes.
OCDT offers the Applied Professional Diploma Designation to persons trained through the OCDT system.
The Applied-Professional Diploma (AP. Dip)
This is an Internationally Focused Solution-based Diploma in which the focus is on applying theoretical knowledge in a practical manner, giving significance to practical solutions that work in the enhancement of professional competencies.
The Requirements to earn the Applied Professional Diploma, (AP. Dip) are:
Minimum of Five Certificates of Competency within a modular approach to training that results in a single certification on completion of all modules of the training program, at the end of a designated time-frame, being between 3 months to 12 months. Note that on completion of each module the participant will be issued a Certificate of Competency.
Execution, documentation and presentation (oral or written) of evidence-based results of an applied project focused on the primary area of learning or postgraduate practical application of learning to a solution-based cases-study of the learner’s choice. This case study will be reviewed and approved by the training facilitator of the course of study and submitted to the SLA for final approval.
Follow-up steps through the SLA are the submission of a portfolio/case study within 60 days after completion of the theoretical aspect of the training event.
Following the successful completion of the modular training program and the submission and approval of the practical portfolio/case-study project, the Applied Professional Diploma in Mindfulness Strategies in Education for Good Classroom Management and Successful Learning Outcomes will be conferred on the successful participant.
Methods of Delivery
Methods will allow interactive engagements of participants with each other and with the presenter as a training facilitator. These methods include scenarios, problem-based learning or case discussions, provocative questions to stimulate discussion, and observation with immediate feedback and role-playing.
Who Should Participate?
- School Principals and Vice Principals
- Education Administrators and Policy Makers
- Practising Classroom Teachers
- Student Teachers in training
- Practising Teachers
- Board of Directors of Schools
What participants will learn
- The importance of Including social and emotional learning and mindfulness training in educating students, for community, national and global citizenship.
- Best practice lessons of social transformation coming out of case studies
- How to incorporate Social and Emotional Learning, Coaching, Mentoring and Mindfulness, for successful students, classroom management and successful schools.